1 package lasagna noodles, whole wheat (8 oz) 3 cups leafy greens, chopped 8 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced 1 large zucchini, diced 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 block mozzarella cheese, (6 oz) 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 teaspoon dried oregano, dried 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground 1 can tomato sauce, or or crushed tomatoes (28 oz) 1 large eggs 1 cup ricotta cheese, or cottage cheese
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
|Prep Time: 20 Minutes||Cooking Time: 1 Hour|
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook lasagna noodles following packaged directions. In a colander, drain and run under cold water until cool to the touch.
- Complete steps 3-9 while noodles cook. (Optional to skip this step and add uncooked pasta in Step 10).
- Rinse greens, mushrooms, and zucchini. Peel garlic.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Set aside 1/4 cup grated cheese for topping lasagna.
- In a medium bowl, add spinach, mushrooms, and zucchini. Stir in 1/4 tsp of the salt. Set over a colander to drain. When completely drained, pat veggies dry with paper towels.
- Stir garlic, basil, oregano, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper into canned tomatoes to make the sauce. Mix in can.
- In a medium bowl, crack egg and beat with a fork. Add cheeses and mix.
- Lightly coat a 9-by-13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in bottom of the dish.
- Layer 3 noodles over sauce. Then layer 1 cup cheese mixture, 1.5 cups veggies, and 2/3 cup tomato sauce. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with noodles. Cover with remaining sauce and reserved cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top and lasagna is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.