4 large potatos 1 pound ground turkey 6 scallions 2 large carrots 4 celery ribs 1 large bell peppers 2 cups peas, frozen 1 cup stock 8 ounces cream cheese 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain 1 tablespoon oil 1/2 tablespoon paprika 2 tablespoons dried thyme 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, unsalted 1 splash milk, optional
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
|Prep Time: 35 Minutes||Cooking Time: 20 Minutes|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Put in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Chop the celery and bell peppers into small pieces. Shred the carrots. Slice the scallions (separating the white and green parts).
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and ground turkey, paprika and thyme. Cook until all pink is gone, about 7-8 minutes.
- When the turkey is browned, add the scallion whites, celery and shredded carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, then add bell peppers and peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in stock. Break up cream cheese and melt into sauce. Simmer the mixture over low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Once you can easily poke potatoes with a fork, turn oﬀ heat. Strain the potatoes. Return the potatoes to the pot. Add the Greek yogurt and butter to the potatoes and mash them. If the potatoes are too thick add a splash of milk.
- Pour the turkey mixture into a casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and spread evenly. Place on top rack of the oven and bake until the top of the potatoes starts to turn brown, about 10-15 minutes. Top with scallion greens just before serving.