1 pound ground turkey 4 medium potatoes 2 small carrots 6 scallions 3 cups stock 4 cloves garlic 2 cups milk 1/2 cup cream, heavy 8 ounces cream cheese 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1 tablespoon oil 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
|Prep Time: 25 Minutes||Cooking Time: 35 Minutes|
- Wash and dry all produce. Chop potatoes, carrots, garlic and scallions (separating the white and green parts).
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- When turkey is cooked, add the potatoes, carrots, scallion whites, stock, garlic, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in milk and cook for 5 minutes. If there is not enough liquid, add more milk or stock until all the veggies are covered.
- In a small bowl, mix heavy cream with the ﬂour until smooth. Once smooth, slowly stir into the soup. Bring the soup to a boil and stir. Turn the heat to low and cook until the soup has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Break the cream cheese into chunks and stir into soup. Then add shredded cheddar cheese. Keep the heat on low until the cheese is melted, stirring often. Top with scallion greens just before serving.