1 pound ground turkey 1 package taco seasoning, sodium free 3 medium carrots, shredded 1 head broccoli, chopped small 2 cloves garlic, chopped 3 cups kale, chopped 1 can rotel, low sodium 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can corn, drained and rinsed 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup onions, chopped 1 tablespoon oil 4 whole wheat tortillas 1 cup taco sauce
1 can tomato sauce, (16-ounces) 1 teaspoon garlic powder 2/3 cup water 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 2 tablespoons white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1 tablespoon cumin 2 teaspoons onion powder 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
|Prep Time: 20 Minutes||Cooking Time: 15 Minutes|
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, cook turkey until no pink remains. Follow package directions for taco seasoning.
- Add shredded carrots, broccoli, garlic and kale. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Rotel.
- In a small bowl combine black beans, corn, jalapeno, and onion. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Spray the bottom of a round pan or pie dish with pan spray. Place one tortilla on bottom of pan.
- Begin assembling pie by alternating layers of tortilla, meat/corn mixture, tortilla, cooked vegetables, tortilla, meat/corn mixture, tortilla, cooked vegetables. During each addition of meat or vegetables, sprinkle a little taco sauce and cheese.
- Top vegetables with last tortilla, evenly sprinkle cheese and sauce over top.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes, or until cheese and sauce are bubbling.
- Slice into six equal pieces and enjoy!
- In a medium bowl tomato sauce, water, vinegar, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper together.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week.