Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs with Kale
1 medium squash 1 cup kale 2 tablespoons parsley 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded 1 egg 1 pound ground chicken 1 jar tomato sauce 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese 1 cup water 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 tablespoon oil
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
|Prep Time: 35 Minutes||Cooking Time: 45 Minutes|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise with a large, sharp knife. Scoop out the seeds.
- Place cut side down in casserole dish. Add 1 cup water and bake for 30-45 minutes until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, begin making meatballs. Separate the stems from the leaves of the kale. Throw out the stems. Chop the kale leaves into small pieces. Chop parsley.
- In a large bowl, add ground chicken, kale, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, parsley, egg and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Using a spoon to scoop the right amount, make 1-inch meatballs. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and meatballs. Cook until browned on all sides, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once squash is cooked, carefully remove from oven. Loosen the inside spaghetti "strands" with a fork and keep in squash. Pour spaghetti sauce and 4-5 meatballs in each squash. Top with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheeses. Put back in oven. Cook until cheese is melted and browned, about 15-20 minutes.