Southwest Stuffed Zucchini
4 large zucchini 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can corn, drained and rinsed 1 cup brown rice, cooked 1 cup salsa 1 tablespoon oil 1 bell pepper, cored and diced 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped 1/2 red onion, chopped small 1 teaspoon chili powder 2 teaspoons cumin
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
|Prep Time: 15 Minutes||Cooking Time: 30 Minutes|
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Scrap out the center or each zucchini. Brush the tops of zucchini with oil. Place in a casserole dish, with the scoop side facing up.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and cook onion and peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, corn, salsa, chili powder and cumin. Stir until combined and cook for 5 minutes. Mix in cilantro and remove from heat.
- Spoon filling into zucchini until they are full. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 more minutes until cheese starts to bubble.