1 pound ground beef 4 medium sweet potatos 1 large bell peppers, red 3 cloves garlic 6 scallions 2 cups stock 1 can tomatoes, crushed (28 ounces) 1 teaspoon oil 2 tablespoons chili powder 1 tablespoon cumin 1 teaspoon oregano 1 teaspoon cocoa powder 1 teaspoon black pepper
Prep Time: 17 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
|Prep Time: 17 Minutes||Cooking Time: 30 Minutes|
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add oil and ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, about 7-8 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, wash and dry all produce. Chop bell pepper, garlic and scallions (separating the white and green parts).
- Poke all around the sweet potatoes with a fork. Put on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 15 minutes.
- When meat is cooked, drain grease from pan. Add scallion whites, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Once pot begins to boil, turn heat to low. Cook for 15-20 more minutes. Check the sweet potatoes in the microwave. They are done if you can easily poke them with a fork.
- When potatoes are done, make a cut along the top of each potato and open gently. Pour chili over opening of potato, top with a spoonful of Greek yogurt and scallion greens.