Chicken Rice Casserole
1 bunch swiss chard 1 can tomato sauce, 15-ounce can 1 can tomatos, diced, 15-ounce can 2 cups brown rice 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded 2 cups water 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
|Prep Time: 15 Minutes||Cooking Time: 45 Minutes|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and dry swiss chard. Remove stems and discard from leaves. Stack leaves in a pile. Chop leaves into medium-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and rice.
- Add spices and chopped swiss chard to rice bowl.
- Lay chicken thighs in single layer in casserole dish. Sprinkle with all-purpose seasoning.
- Pour the rice mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, or until rice is cooked.