Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter, melted 1/2 cup honey 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened 3/4 cup carrots, finely shredded
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
|Prep Time: 15 Minutes||Cooking Time: 20 Minutes|
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter, honey, egg, vanilla and applesauce.
- Stir ingredients together until just combined and there are still some spots of flour remaining.
- Fold in the shredded carrots just until combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. These muffins freeze well and keep if covered at room temp for 2-3 days.